Sunday, August 30, 2009

Splintered Stuffing.

We sat on that park bench.
The blanket enveloped us in its warmth.
And we cried. For an ever lasting moment.
We Cried, Cried, Cried.
The red velvet cupcake in one hand, and my teddy bear in the other.

We knew it was the last time we would ever hold ourselves together.

So we
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezed. Tightly.
Something better sparked their eyes.
And it made sense.
But I was always beautiful.
Something atrocious sparked my eyes. Yet, I couldn't look away.

So, again, we sat there. In completely silence, except for my heavy breath's of pain. I squeezed my bear and because I couldn't think anywhere near STRAIGHT, I squeezed the other hand, and the cupcake mushed through my fingers and fell on my lap.
I laughed. HA!
I cried. SAD.

"I made this cupcake for you..."
"Yeah, I know..."

I saw a tear run out of their eye. But they quickly swiped it away. I don't think they know that I saw it. But I saw it. I wanted to catch it for them.

"And...you know I don't hate you, right?"
"Yeah, I know..."

They seemed to be terribly angry.
My question was...why?
But, I guess that's always my question.

"I'm sorry, you know?"
"Yeah, I know..."

We sat there. The wind made my face tingle. In that wondrous way it always does. Where your nose becomes rosy red along with your cheeks...you know?
Sprinting ice. That's what the rain felt like. It felt like ice was sprinting all over my face.
The wind picked up. And my hair whipped my ears. I couldn't look at them. I couldn't look into their eyes anymore. I know exactly what would happen. I would wipe the frosting on their nose, and run away. But I don't want to run away. They want me to run away. But I won't. I will not.

I WILL NEVER RUN AWAY.

Too late.

I'm already halfway down the block.

They're still sitting there aren't they?

In the dark. With a blanket. In the rain. With the wind.

No, no. They left long before I did.

But the blanket is still there. Along with the frosting. And...my teddy bear.

Oh, no. My teddy bear.

I left it there. It's going to get wet with the rain. I don't know what to do. I can't go back. I can't see where we sat. I can't. Especially if they haven't left yet. I guess I'll just let them have my teddy bear.

HERE. TAKE IT.
TAKE MY TEDDY BEAR.

TAKE MY FUCKING TEDDY BEAR.

Please...






please?

No comments:

Post a Comment