Thursday, August 20, 2009

Help out.

It's a small dose of sugar.
That's what is supposed to help the medicine go down, correct?

And it does. Until the medicine is out.
Just a spoonful, is the usual way to put it.

It's a medicine. It's hilarious...that's what it is.
Everything really.

So, the spoon is slurped down, and then the waiting period begins.

'...Should begin working within twenty minutes of ingestion...'

So you sit. And the syrup begins flowing throughout your body and swarming the infection. Better Better Better.

The sugar is sweet. The sweet is a smile.
Bitter is dead.

The smell remains in your nostrils. And the taste lingers within your buds.

"SMILE! SAY CHEESE!"

It's warm. And comforting. Considering it was so familiar. And so usual when we were younger.

And now that it has surfaced back to it's original pure state, with as much sugar as needed. The medicine will rid of it.

The sugary medicine.

I fear the day it disappears.


Thank you for making me laugh so much.
I've needed it.
Everytime I leave, the precise smile fades from my body.
But the warmth of the sugar remains.
Thank you for making me laugh so hard.
I've really, really needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment