Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who's the fairest of them all?

I sat there. Staring at the movie screen.

The Killer on that screen took both of his hands and smoothed them over his slick hair. As his hands curved over his round head, her hands caught my eye. The girl, sitting in front of me. Her hands did the same exact motion at the same exact moment. DOWN, LIFT, OVER, DROP. All at once.
It was as if they were mirroring each other.

I knew she did it. No one else believed me. I knew it was her. She killed him.
No one believes me. No one even knows he's dead.

And when they find his blood stained body lying on the gum-stuck concrete...I will know who shot him down.

They won't even notice that his chest isn't moving. They won't think about the fact that his heart has stopped beating. They won't even realize that his brilliant green eyes will never look at something beautiful ever again.

I know he's dead. I know he will never see anything beautiful again.

I made sure of that.

I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment