Sunday, May 24, 2009

Your Yellow Shirt.

I will wear your yellow shirt... forever.















It's comfortable. You're comfortable.

Although the scent of the horrendous smile is long lost.
It has been replaced with a plateau of comfort.

No matter how long it exists within my cubed closet.
No matter when I return it.

Whether or not what exists is quietly understood or angrily spat in our faces ... no one will ever place the ease that you do.

No one.
And, although I always say I will return your yellow shirt...secretly, I know I never will unless you yank it out of my hands.

You won't accept it back even if I tried.

You have looked past the reasoning and told me something.

Whenever I doubt the rush of exitment that jolts through my body, my memory replaces the fear with words of your pained heart.


'You're gorgeous, by the way.'
In return. 'P.S. You're adorable.'

No matter what.

Don't let me stop wearing it.


Please, don't let me stop wearing it.


Shhh..don't tell anyone but, I wear it whenever I think about it's color.
The color sits in the back of my mind.
At night, when the moon shines into my eyes. I wear your yellow shirt.


Promise me...can I keep it forever? Promise me I can.
Because I will.


(even if I lose it.)

1 comment: