Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just a Moon.


I hide a lot. Behind darkness. Behind the clouds. I’m not alone, but I’m so far from being loved, literally. If anything loves, or has ever loved me, my distance prevents me from ever feeling it. I am a man, all alone. Not on the moon. I am the moon. When I’m angry, I shine the brightest. When I’m sad, I hide the most. My favorite night of the month is when the people say I’m smiling and winking. It’s the closest I get to anything that surrounds me. That thing being ,the bright star next to me, the wink. I supposedly look beautiful.
I am scarred, bruised, and mushed. My favorite thing to do is watch the smiles between fathers and daughters. Any sort of companionship, really. Any sort of love. I know that people look up at me when they feel lonely. I’m happy to be that. I am lonely.
I sit up here, within darkness. And find it sometimes really exciting. But other times, I am numb. I sit. I never walk, I never run, I am consistent in what I am and do. There is nothing else except this. I am free in space, yes I am stuck and have no where to go. I cannot escape. I am connected to this large colorful sphere, watching people roam free while living with loving. I am close, but it is impossible for me to be any closer. And all I want, is to be closest.
My emotion is loneliness, always. I am the moon. What else can I feel? I am left in a corner of black.
I live my days watching the lives of happy people. Sad people. Angry people. Frustrated people. Hurtful people. Terrible people. Lovely people. Strong people. Weak people. Different people. So many people, Giving me something to smile about.
When the sun shines on me, its warm strength show’s me beauty. It show’s me I’m not alone. It forces me to smile. The warmth is lovely. The rest of the time, when the sun isn’t resting upon me, I am freezing. I don’t shiver. I just, freeze.
I sit, and I stare. I watch all that is around me. I have it all memorized. I know every crevice, every space, every star. The shooting ones. They come and visit when they are close enough. Not so much as a visit, but more as a passer-by. But, for that one second, I am not alone. At all.
I give to people. I take in what I can. But all I know for sure. Is that for most of my life…I am lonely. I love this.
This is lovely.
Being lonely.

1 comment:

  1. o my fuck. such a gooooooood picture, it kinda reminds me of coraline.

    ReplyDelete