Wednesday, November 4, 2009


Well this is a pleasant fiction, isn't it?

Pretend, that it's five years from now.
Pretend, that my hair is long, and you have a scar on the bone of your cheek.
Pretend, that my music box is broken, and I no longer hold my knees into my chest.
Pretend, that the airplane's stopped flying.
Pretend, that my stomach was stapled shut.
Pretend, that you have lost all memory to what has happened.
Pretend, that my car was smashed in a terrible storm.
Pretend, that it's ten years from now.
Pretend, that I read all your letters.
Pretend, you slip into an unrelaxing coma hoping never to wake up.
Pretend you do.
Pretend you don't.
Pretend that it's seven years.
Pretend that it came full circle.
Pretend that I read that stamp.
Pretend you're alive.


Pleasant. Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment